Our Reprise Production is for actors 9-13, entering 4th grade through middle school.
The Lion King, Jr.
Performances July 13-16
Callbacks* : Today, April 29 times**/locations are as follows:
9am-12:30pm Current 6th & 7th Grade Girls
10:30am-12:30pm Current 6th & 7th Grade Boys in Room A at the LGS Rec Center (across the street from LG Public Library)
11:30am-1pm Current 3rd-5th Grade Boys & Girls in Room A at the LGS Rec Center (across the street from LG Public Library)
12:30-1pm LUNCH Break for Current 6th & 7th Grade Boys & Girls (they can bring a sack lunch[NO NUTS–we have a child with a serious peanut/tree nut allergy!] to eat outside the Rec Center on the lawn…we don’t want kids wandering off downtown unless a parent comes to get them)
1-2pm Current 6th & 7th Grade Boys & Girls in Room A at the LGS Rec Center
Below is the sound file for the dance the kids are learning, so they can practice at home:
**If you have a conflict and absolutely can’t make Callbacks at the time assigned to you, please come when you can (6th/7th graders for as much of the 9am-2pm day as possible; younger kids for a 90 minute period if possible). All the kids will be rotating through vocals, acting and dance….so when your child arrives, they’ll need to sign in and be patient as they get added to the mix of kids rotating through!
*For Callbacks, memorize One of the Lion King monologues linked below. Be prepared to perform your selected monologue on Saturday:
LionKingMonologues (after following this link, if a tiny document appears, click on it to get full size multipage document with Monologue choices 😉
Below is the optional Audition song piece you may prepare for your Vocals audition, or you may choose your own 1 minute song piece:
One I know that you’ll understand
To set the world in motion
By reaching out for each other’s hand
Maybe we’ll discover what we should have known all along
One way or another together’s where we both belong
We’ll find we’re never too far apart
And maybe love is the reason why
For the first time ever we’re seeing it eye to eye
Audition Application: Complete all 3 steps prior to auditions:
- Register Online at Los Gatos Saratoga Recreation
- Click “Find a program and register online”
- Under Summer Camps, click “Specialty Camps”
- In the Alphabetical list click “LGYT” or under “Service” on the left, click “LGYT”
- Complete the online application
- Complete the paper application and bring to auditions
- Rehearsals start May 1.
- Rehearsals are in the evenings: 5:30-7:30 while school is in session, 5:30-8:30 after June 8.
- Saturday rehearsals are usually 10am-2pm (longer the last 2 weeks).
- Not every actor is called to every rehearsal. Depending on the part, generally 3-5 times per week until Tech (last 2 weeks), when everyone is called each day.
- Tech weeks are June 26-30 and July 5-12. July 3 is off. July 10-12 there will likely be Run-Throughs during the day as well.